Daniel Bader and Andrew Martonik are joined this week by Android Police managing editor David Ruddock! They discuss Amazon’s acquisition of mesh Wi-Fi company, Eero, and why David thinks 5G might be the death of some smartphone companies.
They also look at Samsung’s 10.5-inch Galaxy Tab S5e and rumors about several new Galaxy wearables. There are also rumors about Pixel Watch from Google and some not-so-great realities when it comes to the current state of Wear OS.
Rounding things out, the crew discuss the harm caused by clickbait tech sites that publish bad/fake rumors alongside “aggregated” articles from legitimate sources.
Show Notes and Links:
- Android Police
- David Ruddock on Twitter
- Amazon is buying popular mesh Wi-Fi company Eero
- Why it makes perfect sense for Amazon to buy Eero
- Ready or not, 5G will probably be the death of these 3 smartphone companies
- Samsung announces new 10.5-inch Galaxy Tab S5e with Tab S4-like features for just $399
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active: News, Rumors, Release Date, Specs, and More!
- Google to reportedly launch Pixel Watch, new Nest camera, and more in 2019
- Very bad news site says Pixel 4 “could be” modular because you’ll click on it
- Wix Creation without limits. Visit wix.com/podcast and get 10% Off Your Wix Premium Plan — enter the code WIXPROMO at checkout.
- eero: Life’s too short for bad WiFi. Never think about WiFi again – To get $100 off the eero base unit with 2 beacons package, and 1 year of eero Plus, visit eero.com/acp and at checkout enter ACP.